The Capitol Region Council of Governments (CRCOG), in partnership with CTtransit and CTDOT, is conducting a comprehensive service analysis of CTtransit bus service in the Hartford region. This study will take a detailed look at the existing CTtransit service and provide recommendations for improving service to meet the region’s needs.
The Hartford Transit Study includes the following elements:
- Examine how people travel in the Hartford region so we understand where buses need to go. This analysis will also look at the demographic and socio-economic characteristics of the region to understand where bus service is needed and where it will most likely be successful.
- Collect ideas, comments and thoughts from stakeholders, members of the general public and people who use CTtransit. We will be holding focus groups, conducting interviews and scheduling community meetings.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of each CTtransit bus route. This analysis will be data-driven and will examine the number of riders on every route, at every stop, and at different times of days. This is a key part of how we will determine if changes are needed. Route evaluations will be ready in early 2015. Check back on this website to read about the routes you ride most often and let us know what you think!
- Update CTtransit’s service guidelines, or general rules for how services should be organized and designed, and how hours of service and frequency should be determined.
- Create a series of service improvement scenarios that offer options for how the system might be improved.
The Hartford Transit Study started in September 2014 and is anticipated to be completed by the end of 2016.